PADI DIVEMASTER INTERNSHIP
PADI Divemaster Internship - MALLORCA ISLAND
Going its Divemaster Internship with us is more than just getting ready to be a dive guide. It is becoming part of the family and spending a life time experience meeting with new people from all horizons and sharing great diving and non diving moments on Mallorca Island.
The Divemaster Trainees (DMTs) become part of the crew and get the chance to see all aspects of the daily operations of the dive shop. We are not a diving factory with tons of dive boats and divers. We are keeping it real, friendly and we take care of each and everyone of our guests, all well as of our DMTs.
Learn all aspects of a busy working Dive Center and Gain the valuable experience needed to work in the Dive Industry.
Who should take this course
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructors, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a tropical dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply – contact us for details.
What you'll learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- - The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- - Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- - Diver safety and risk management
- - Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- - Business of diving and your career
- - Awareness of the dive environment
- - Dive setup and management
- - Mapping an open water site
- - Conducting dive briefings
- - Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- - Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- - Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs.
- To help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities, you might also be interested in the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training.
How long does it take?
The PADI Divemaster Course is normally a 4-8 weeks comprehensive course. However, if you sign up with us, all your dives are free. So how long the training will be is entirely for you to decide.
Why choose Acqua Life Dive Center?
Limited spaces available:
We are interested in quality not quantity, don't become part of a "DM Factory" stuck with limited Dives and sitting in a shop or cleaning equipment day after day.
We do not limit you to 60 Dives:
We will only certify you when we are 100% confident that you are ready to be called a Divemaster and represent our company by Diving with our valued customers.
No 4 Week limit on duration of course: Everybody who arrives, has a different level of experience and number of Dives, everybody learns at a different pace, and we certify you when you are ready, not by a set time limit.
Includes Basic Dive Equipment for whole Internship period.
We don't force you to buy a full set of equipment before starting your course, this is common practice amongst many Dive Centers worldwide, we will provide if needed a BCD, Regulator and Wetsuit to any students that dont have their own. We do require that all you own a few basic peices of equipment when starting the Internship program, for exemple: Mask & Snorkel, Fins and Surface Marker / Whistle
If you dont currently have these items then let us help you with our large range of equipment for sale here on the Island, We offer big discounts on the manufacturers prices and expert advice on good value equiupment. These are all personal pieces of equipment that help you to look more professional and help you to feel more comfortable, you will eventually need your own equipment as you step out into the big wide world, so choosing wisely is important.
What are the requirements?
To start the Internship program you must be 18 years old and a Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization). If you are currently at Open Water or Advanced level, let us help you reach Rescue level here on the Island and get straight into the Internship program after.
If our Divemaster Internship program interests you and you would like to know more then tell us a bit more about yourself by email us:
- Your Nationality
- Languages spoken
- Work Background / Experience / Skills
- Interest and Hobbies
- Planned Date of arrival how long you plan to spend in Mallorca
- Please include recent Photo